Residential Sanitation Services | Commercial Sanitation Services | Holiday Collection | Rules
Recycling | Hazardous Materials | Waste Disposal Tips | Stolen or Damaged Containers
Bulk Trash Collection | Contact Information | Home
Solid Waste -
Residential Solid Waste Services
Both garbage and recycling containers are picked up on the same day each week by two different trucks. At least half of most household waste is recyclable. By participating in the curbside recycling program, residents reduce the amount deposited in garbage containers. Since less material is deposited in the garbage containers, those containers only need collecting once a week.
Residential Solid Waste Services Quick Links:
Residential (residents of single-family houses and duplexes):
- $19.05 per household per month provides the following base services:
• On route refuse collection service once per week for one 95-gallon refuse container.
• On route curbside recycling service once per week for one 95-gallon recycling container.
• On route monthly loose trash collection.
• City scheduled inspections as needed.
• Repair or replacement of damaged containers (due to normal usage).
• Fee waiver at the Landfill for loads of 2,000 pounds or less.
Other Services and Fees:
- Off route loose trash collection is available upon request for $99.
- Additional refuse containers can be requested by the resident for an additional $6.67 per container per month. Prior to 2000, residents could purchase additional containers. Those containers that residents purchased through this program are not assessed the $6.67 fee. The program has been discontinued and purchased containers may be used until such time as they are no longer serviceable. The additional container(s) is serviced on the same day as curbside collection. Click here to review additional rules and provisions that apply to additional containers purchased. For further details regarding rules and replacement of additional containers, contact the Solid Waste Division at 623-930-2660.
- The fee for enforcement of loose trash collection is $99.00. This fee is charged when a resident fails to comply with the city’s enforcement action by the stated time and the city collects the material.
Additional Garbage Containers
Each single-family residence is assigned one garbage container and one recycling container. Typically, half of most household waste is recyclable and the need for extra garbage capacity can be minimized or eliminated by recycling. However, if you would like additional garbage containers, they are available at an additional monthly cost. For service alternatives, call the Solid Waste Division at 623.930.2660.