Public Works | Landfill Locations Map | Landfill Rate Schedule | Waste Tires
Hard-to-Handle Waste | What We’ll Take | Hours and Contact Information | Home
Landfill - Rate Schedule
Glendale Residents (single-family dwellings and duplexes only)
Effective December 3rd, 2018, ONCE PER MONTH you may bring one load containing up to 2,000 pounds of refuse generated from your residential property to the Glendale Landfill for disposal free of charge. Any weight over 2,000 pounds, or any additional loads disposed of at the Glendale Landfill during that month will be charged at the current applicable rate of $15.79 per ton.
- No charge for disposal of up to 2,000 pounds of self-hauled waste; once per month.
- Charged $15.79
per ton for all waste exceeding the 2,000 pound limit.
- Example: A resident delivering 1,200 pounds on a visit to the landfill would not be charged for disposal; however, a resident delivering 2,200 pounds on a visit to the landfill would be charged $15.79
per ton for the 200 pounds—$1.58 exceeding the 2,000 pound fee waiver limit.
To qualify for the reduced rates, the single-family home or duplex must be within the City of Glendale city limits. The property owner or resident must provide a photo ID and a current city water bill or utility bill. The utility bill must be dated within the past two months. The refuse must be generated from the residents' own dwelling.
Please note: Apartment complexes, mobile home parks and other housing do not qualify for reduced rates. County islands with a Glendale address also do not qualify for the reduced rate.
Avondale and Peoria Residents
- Residents will be charged a reduced rate in accordance with their city's agreements. Click here to view the rate sheet.
- To qualify for the reduced rate, the resident must provide proof of residency by providing a photo ID and a current utility bill. The utility bill must be dated within the past two months. The resident must reside within their city limits. The refuse must be generated from the resident’s own dwelling.
- The disposal rate is $32.25 per ton.
- For appliances containing Freon, evacuation fee at cost per unit is: $15 for refrigerators, coolers and air conditioners. Freon evacuation fees are charged at the cost recovery rate per unit and subject to change based on market conditions.