City of Glendale, AZ - Click here to go to the city home page

Skip Navigation Link

        Follow Your Money   RequestForService
Glendale, AZ
Glendale, AZ - Departments Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Services Glendale, AZ - Glendale, AZ - City Officials Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Residents Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Visitors Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Businesses Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Online Services Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Important Updates Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Home Page
Glendale, AZ

Glendale, AZ
Quick Links
Planning - FAQs
  • What is the Zoning for a specific piece of property?
    The best way to determine zoning is to visit the Development Services Center on the second floor of the Glendale City Hall located at 5850 West Glendale Avenue. The staff will be pleased to show you the Zoning Map to verify the location. If you cannot visit the office, please call (623) 930-2800 and ask for the Development Services Center. Provide the property address, assessor’s parcel number, and a general location description to the staff person. Also, click the zoning link.

  • How can I discuss a zoning or subdivision issue, question, or project with a planner? Call (623) 930-2800 and request the Development Services Center. Ask the staff person to fill out a Service Request Form. Within a couple days, a planner will call you and answer your questions or set up a meeting to discuss your project.

  • What are the building setbacks for a property?
    Call (623) 930-2800 and ask for the Development Services Center. The staff person will be able to answer your questions. The Zoning Ordinance text is on the web site. There is a table for residential and another for commercial listing the property requirements for setbacks.

  • Where can the Zoning Ordinance be found?
    The Zoning Ordinance text is on the Planning Department web site. Just click the words Zoning Text under the Zoning heading.
  • What is the review time on my project?
    A project review timeline is available under the Zoning link.

  • How can I get information about the Glendale General Plan?
    The full General Plan is for sale at the Development Services Center for $30. A foldout map and general text of the General Plan is available for free at the Development Services Counter. The General Plan Map and text is on the Planning Department web site. Please call Thomas Ritz, AICP, Senior Planner, at (623) 930- 2588, with any questions.

  • Where can I get information about annexation?
    The Planning Department web site does have an Annexation Map and City Council Annexation Policy. Persons interested in obtaining additional information or have questions, please call Thomas Ritz, AICP, Senior Planner, at (623) 930- 2588.

  • Who can provide me with information about historic preservation?
    For more information regarding Glendale’s Historic Preservation Program, please contact Jon Froke, AICP, Planning Director, in the Glendale Planning Department, at 623-930-2585.

  • Who do I contact about abandoned shopping carts?
    Abandoned Shopping Carts – Arizona Cart Retrieval (ACR) Company
    Phone: 1-800-THE-CART (1-800-843-2278)

    ACR works with most major grocery stores for cart retrieval. Please visit their website to determine which stores are serviced by ACR. Leave a detailed message including the exact location of the cart (including major cross streets) and the name of the store the cart belongs to. Please allow 2-4 days for retrieval.


Glendale, AZ - Welcome
Glendale, AZ
Contact Us   |   Brochures   |   History of Glendale   |   How to Get Around Glendale   |   Links   |   Press Room   |   Policies
© 2015 City of Glendale, Arizona