Did You Know…
That the City of Glendale Utilities Department has a state-of-the art Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system which is used to monitor and control our water and wastewater facilities and systems? This system reduces labor costs and allows our certified operators to stay abreast of what is going on in our systems and at our facilities in real time, 24 hours per day, 365 days per year! This also reduces response time in emergency situations and ensures a high level of customer service. Here are some interesting facts about our SCADA system!
The SCADA System…
- Monitors over 22,000 parameters of the drinking water and reclaimed water every minute of every day
- Has over 6,100 programmed alarms which will notify our operators when necessary
- Permanently stores over 356,000 values about the drinking water and reclaimed water every day so we can track trends and generate important reports
- Enables the Utilities department to safely monitor and operate our treatment plants with fewer operators than would otherwise be required
- Has redundant radio and in-ground communication paths to each major facility to ensure reliability