City of Glendale, AZ - Click here to go to the city home page

Skip Navigation Link

        Follow Your Money   RequestForService
Glendale, AZ
Glendale, AZ - Departments Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Services Glendale, AZ - Glendale, AZ - City Officials Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Residents Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Visitors Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Businesses Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Online Services Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Important Updates Glendale, AZ Glendale, AZ - Home Page
Glendale, AZ


Message from the Chief | Personnel Information | Volunteer Opportunities | About Us
Fire Public Information Office | Fire and Safety Education | Fire Prevention Office | Glendale Health Center | Internships | Links |
FAQs | Contact Information | Frequently Called Numbers | Home

Page Break Image

Fire - FAQs

How can I schedule a Ride-A-Long with an Engine Company?
Due to Homeland Security issues ride-a-longs have been temporarily suspended.

When will Glendale Fire Department begin another recruitment?
Thank you for your interest in the City of Glendale Fire Department Careers. When recruitment becomes available for any position in the Fire department it will be located at:

Where is the nearest Glendale Fire Station?

  • Fire Station 151 - 6851 N. 52nd Avenue (52nd Ave and Glendale)
  • Fire Station 152 - 6850 W. Bethany Home (69th Ave and Bethany Home)
  • Fire Station 153 - 14061 N. 59th Ave (59th Ave and Thunderbird)
  • Fire Station 154 - 4439 W. Peoria Avenue (43rd Ave and Peoria)
  • Fire Station 155 - 6255 W. Union Hills (63rd Ave and Union Hills)
  • Fire Station 156 - 6801 W. Deer Valley Rd. (67th and Deer Valley)
  • Fire Station 157 - 9658 N. 59th Avenue (59th Ave and Mountain View - GCC)
  • Fire Station 158 - 6261 N. 83rd Avenue (83rd Ave and Maryland)
  • Fire Station 159 - 17159 N. 63rd Ave. (63rd Ave and Bell Road)

What is our ISO Rating?
Since 2009 the city of Glendale has held an ISO rating of 2. 

Insurance Services Office (ISO) is an independent company that serves insurance companies, communities, fire departments, insurance regulators, and others by providing information about risk.  ISO’s expert staff collects information about municipal fire suppression efforts in communities throughout the United States.  In each of those communities, ISO analyzes the relevant data and assigns a Public Protection Classification (PPC) grade – a number from 1 to 10.  Class 1 represents an exemplary fire suppression program, and Class 10 indicates that the area’s fire suppression program does not meet ISO’s minimum criteria. 

Insurance Services Office (ISO) is the leading supplier of data and analytics for the property/casualty insurance industry.  Most insurers use PPC classifications for underwriting and calculating premiums for residential, commercial and industrial properties.

How do I schedule a Fire Station tour?
Station tours are available on a limited basis by calling the Glendale Fire Department Operations Division at (623) 930-4400.

How do I report a possible swimming pool related code violation (green pool, no pool barriers)?
Please contact Code Enforcement at (623) 930-3610.

How do I get a copy of a fire or emergency medical service (EMS) report?
EMS reports are $0.20 per page. Reports can only be requested by the persons involved in the incident; by the parent or legal guardian (with proof of guardianship) of a minor, or by subpoena. A signed medical release form (signed by client or guardian) must accompany a written request by an attorney. Picture ID is required in some instances. EMS reports are available approximately seven days after the incident.

Fire reports are public information, with some restrictions, and cost $0.20 per page. They must be requested in writing to the Fire Prevention Office, 6829 N. 58th Drive, Glendale, Arizona 85301. Other information that is also required when requesting these reports includes, date of incident, location and/or incident number.  Fire reports are available 10 to 20 working days after a fire.

How do I obtain other fire related reports?
Property search reports regarding hazardous materials records check, underground storage tanks, previous sites, etc. cost $0.20 per page. An exact address must be provided. We cannot locate records using parcel numbers. You must submit your request in writing and address it to the Fire Prevention Office at 6829 N. 58th Drive, Glendale, AZ 85301.

How do I safely get rid of Hazardous Chemicals?
For disposal of hazardous waste, contact the Landfill at (623) 930-2191 or call the Hazardous Materials Hotline at (623) 930-2700.

For handling of hazardous materials, contact the Fire Prevention Office at (623) 930- 4420.

How do I find out the closest fire hydrant for my insurance company?
For hydrant location contact the Utilities Department at (623) 930-2700.

How do I check my smoke detector?
Every smoke detector has a test button, usually in the center of the detector. Press the test button and hold for a few seconds. If it is working correctly, the alarm will sound and will automatically stop after a few more seconds. Remember to check your batteries monthly and change the batteries in your smoke detector once a year.

How do I get rid of bees swarming in my yard?
The fire department does not remove bee swarms unless they are attacking people or pose an immediate life-threatening hazard to people in the area.
For non-emergency bee swarms removal consult the Yellow Pages under "Bee Removal" or contact the Department of Agriculture - click here for info.

Does the fire department fill or empty pools?
Glendale Fire Department does not provide this service.

Does the fire department do free blood pressure checks?
Any Glendale Fire Station will do free blood pressure checks without an appointment, granted they are at the station and not on a call.

How do I refill or check my fire extinguisher?
The fire department does not fill or check fire extinguishers. Please consult the Yellow Pages under "Fire Safety Equipment" for a company capable of providing this service.

How do I report fire hazards such as; overgrown trees, weeds or debris?
Please contact Code Enforcement at (623) 930-3610.

How do I get a "Do Not Resuscitate" (DNR) card?
DNR cards are available at any of the nine fire stations.

Where can I get sandbags?
The process to obtain sand and sand bags has changed. Please visit the city's Monsoon Web site for the latest information. Click here to go there now.


Glendale, AZ - Welcome
Glendale, AZ
Contact Us   |   Brochures   |   History of Glendale   |   How to Get Around Glendale   |   Links   |   Press Room   |   Policies
© 2015 City of Glendale, Arizona