Back to Transportation Home Page
Check Out What's in Our Tool Box!
Available Booklets, Brochures, Curriculum and Safety Related Items
The city's Transportation Education Division offers several booklets, brochures and safety items to help spread the word on important traffic and transportation safety lessons. Check out the sampling of what we offer below:
- Bicycles Helmets - "Correct Fit"
- "Do It" Bicycle Road Rules
- "Riding in Traffic"
- "Most Common Bicycle Crashes"
- "Riding Your Bike on Streets and Sidewalks"
- "Be a Bike Star"
- "The Helmet Habit"
- Team Helmet
- Walk and Bike to School Teacher's Guide for grades K-6 - State standard aligned
- Street School, learn the safe way to travel Glendale - K-3, 4-6, 7-8 - All activities state standard aligned
Safety Related Items
- Reflectives - It is extremely important for walkers and bikers to make sure they wear some type of reflective when traveling throughout the city. There is danger in the dark when you can't be seen by vehicles that don't expect you or can't see you. Weather can prevent drivers from seeing you through fogged windows, rain or sandstorms. Also, night vision dims as one ages. Wearing a dark jacket and dark pants can make you invisible when walking or riding your bicycle in the early morning or evening during the winter darkness. Placing reflectives on clothing, backpacks, shoes, bicycles, skateboards, etc. can be your biggest defense and greatest protection when walking or biking.
- Bicycle/Tire Gauges