Community Services Department
Code of Conduct Policy
Haga clic aquí para ver Código de Conducta en español.
The following Code of Conduct is applicable to all who visit or participate in programs, services and activities of the Glendale Community Services Divisions. Management are authorized to take all necessary steps to enforce this Code of Conduct. Noncompliance may result in suspension of all facilities privileges for up to 30 days or permanent expulsion. Refusal to abide by this policy may result in the police being called and violators being prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
The following behaviors do not meet accepted facility standards and include:
- Dress code - all patrons must be fully dressed, including shirts and shoes.
- Abuse or vandalism of facilities equipment, artwork, furniture, including attempts to interrupt or vandalize the computer system.
- Harassment of staff, volunteers, or patrons. “Harassment” includes using profane and/or obscene language, directing verbal or physical threats toward another person, and engaging in behavior with the sole intent of annoying another person.
- Eating - food and drinks are permitted only in designated areas.
- Gambling, panhandling, soliciting, or loitering.
- Unauthorized use of drugs, alcohol, or tobacco, including e-cigarettes.
- Sleeping or engaging in activities not associated with the legitimate use of the facility.
- Neglected bodily hygiene. “Neglected bodily hygiene” means bodily hygiene that is offensive as to constitute a nuisance to staff, volunteers and other patrons.
- Bathing, shaving, washing clothes and hair in the restrooms.
- Use of cell phones or other electronic devices that are audible to others.
- Voyeurism or peeping, exhibitionism or flashing, lewd or lascivious acts.
- Not following signage or verbal communication from staff.
- Any other alleged violations of applicable city, state and federal laws, ordinances and statutes that apply to the facility.
The following items are prohibited from being brought into all public facilities:
- Illegal drugs, alcohol, dangerous weapons (knives, firearms, explosives), flammable materials.
- Bicycles, bedrolls, blankets, motorized scooters, and other large articles, without prior approval.
- Animals (except for service animals).