Return to Community Revitalization Home Page
Go to Human Services Division Home Page
Go to Community Services Department Home Page
Habitat for Humanity:
Through volunteer labor and donations, Habitat builds and renovates simple, decent, affordable homes. Habitat homes are built based on a partnership between a family and the community. A qualifying family pays for their home through a down payment of 400 sweat equity hours on new construction/at least 200 hours on a renovation, and a no profit loan. This model helps to keep the upfront costs and monthly housing payments low. The qualifications to apply for a Habitat house are as follows:
- Meet income requirements and affordability.
- All household members must be a US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Two-year history of stable income at 30-60% of the Maricopa Area Median Income.
- Ability to pay a monthly mortgage and $3,500.00 in closing costs.
- Acceptable history of credit and the inability to get a traditional home loan.
- Live in inadequate or substandard housing.
- Willingness to partner and contribute 400 sweat equity hours on new construction/at least 200 hours on a renovation.
For questions on this homeownership opportunity, contact Habitat for Humanity directly at https://habitatcaz.org/apply/ or (623)583-2417.