A permit is required to bring in any inflatable, moonbounce, climbing wall or similar type of equipment into a City of Glendale park.
Inflatable rides with water, carnival rides, trains, dunk tanks, petting zoos and animal exhibits are not permitted in the park.
To obtain a Special Use Permit:
Special Use Permits can purchased Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., in person at the Glendale Parks and Recreation Office, 5850 W. Glendale Ave., or over the phone at 623-930-2820.
Permits must be obtained 48 hours in advance of the event and may be made up to one year in advance of the scheduled event. Payment for permits must be received at the time the permit application is made.
Permits will be issued after the user has supplied a copy of their contract with their vendor. Vendor must also have a current liability insurance policy on file with the department.
Special Use Permit Fees:
Sahuaro Ranch Park and Western Area Regional Park
- Resident- $50
- Non-Resident- $60
All other City of Glendale Parks
- Resident- $25
- Non-Resident- $30
***Fees are for a standard size inflatable (15 X 15).
Larger inflatables, slides, obstacle courses, and combo inflatables will require an additional permit.
Special Use Permit Guidelines:
- The Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to limit the amount of inflatable permits issued for each park.
- Sahuaro Ranch Park and Western Area Regional Park have designated areas for the inflatables. Please contact the Parks and Recreation Office for designated location.
- Special Use Permits issued for all other parks does not guarantee a designated area for the placement of the inflatable. The space will be available on a First Come-First Serve basis.
- Vendors must ensure the inflatable is safely secured in such a manner as to avoid destruction of turf and/or underground utilities. The use of stakes is prohibited. The customer will be responsible for any damage by the vendor.
- There is no power available in the parks for the vendor’s use; generators are required.
- Only parking lots may be used for loading and unloading equipment. Vehicles may not be driven or parked on turf areas, sidewalks, service driveways or emergency zones.
- The permit holder will be responsible for the conduct of all group members. The permit holder must be present during the event.
- The permit holder must retain the copy of the approved permit and make it available upon request for inspection by a park ranger.
- Permits are non-refundable and non-transferrable.