What is a Book Clubs to Go Kit?
“Book Clubs to Go” is a great way for your Book Club to enjoy great discussions— check out a book kit of your favorite title from our library. All kits can be checked out for 3 weeks and each one may contain:
- Multiple copies of one title
- Discussion questions
- Author biographical information
- Reviews of the book
- Summary of the story
- Tips for book clubs
- Other book-related material
How can my book club use a kit?
- The kit is checked out to one book group member who is responsible for all of the materials.
- The group may keep the kit for up to 3 weeks after it becomes available for pickup.
- Kits may not be renewed.
- Kits can be picked up and returned at any of the Glendale Libraries.
- All kits are stored at the Main Library, but may be placed on hold and sent to any branch to be picked after 72 hours.
- Two kits can be checked out and one on hold at a time.
- Kits must be returned to the library when it is open, as they will not fit into the drop boxes.
- All materials in each kit must be returned together and a library staff member will inventory the kit upon return.
- There is a daily late fee of $1.00 a day for a kit returned after the due date, and fines will also be charged for lost or damaged materials.
- If your group happens to lose a book, you can replace it with another copy of the book, new or secondhand, that is clean and readable or pay a replacement fee of $10.00.
- If your group happens to lose a “Book Clubs to Go Kit”, the cost to replace the entire kit is $140.00.
Please return kits promptly so they will be available for other book groups. For more information, or to request a specific title, please call Lisa at 623-930-3555 or email LColcord@glendaleaz.com.