Message from the Chief | Personnel Information | Volunteer Opportunities | About Us
Public Information Office | Fire and Safety Education | Fire Prevention Office | Glendale Health Center | Internships | Links | FAQs | Contact Information | Frequently Called Numbers | Home
Fire - Volunteer Opportunities
Crisis Response Team |
Volunteer Fire Cadet | After the Fire! Returning to Normal Publication
Volunteer Fire Cadet
Salary: This is a non-paid volunteer position.
Closes: Open continuously. Interviews are held approximately every 6 months.
Job Elements Include:
The City of Glendale Cadet Program is a partnership between volunteers and the Fire Department to assist the community in various areas. This program will require cadets to donate a minimum of 24 hours per month. Various classes and training given during the program will be included as time donated for that month. Cadets will not be involved in active firefighting or any other activity requiring the use of self-contained breathing apparatus.
- 18 years of age and above
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid Arizona Drivers License
- Successful Passing of a Drug Test & Background Check
- EMT enrollment is required within three months of being selected as a cadet, and verification’s of state and national registry must be obtained within one year of elected date as a cadet
- CPAT is required - obtained within the last year
- Glendale residency is preferred
Applications are available by downloading the City of Glendale Volunteer Application
Please email your completed application to:
Interviews will be scheduled following the closing date.