City of Glendale
Fire Department Employment
Thank you for your interest in the City of Glendale Fire Department Careers. When a recruitment becomes available for any position in the Fire department it will be located at: www.glendaleaz.com/jobs.
Glendale Fire Department employees are highly skilled and trained professionals dedicated to creating a better quality of life for its residents. They demonstrate the highest standards of honesty and integrity and believe in and practice teamwork and open communication.
The department values all employees, striving to develop mutual respect and trust, while treating each other with dignity and fairness.
Glendale Fire is a fully integrated fire service dedicated to ensuring the safety and welfare of its citizens.
Careers within the Fire Department
|All fire careers and related job descriptions can be found at www.glendaleaz.com/jobs.
|All qualified Glendale firefighters have the opportunity to advance to positions of greater responsibility:
- Battalion Chief
- Deputy Chief
- Division Chief
- Assistant Chief
- Fire Chief
- Fire Inspector 1
- Fire Inspector 2
- Fire Protection Engineer
- Fire Marshal
Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
Physical Ability Test (CPAT) :
- Glendale will only accept a CPAT from Qualified Agencies such as : National Testing Network, any Maricopa Community College or a Qualified Agency. The qualified agency list is located at http://www.iaff.org/HS/Well/statelist.htm
Assignments and Promotions
Glendale firefighters have the opportunity to develop skills in a variety of technical service including:
- Hazardous Materials Technician
- Technical Rescue Technician
- Recruit Training Officer
- Safety Officer
- Health Center Technician
- Bicycle Paramedic
- Community Relations Captain
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Captain
- Training Division Captain
- Special Events Captain
- Special Operations Captain