About Billing Services: Prepares billings for all city services customers including water, sanitation and facility use. Receives payments and applies all incoming monies due the city in our cashiering and mail payment processing areas. Also responsible for preparing large volume mailings for delivery to the post office.
Drop Box: Located at Glendale City Hall, 5850 W. Glendale Ave.
Lobby: Lobby hours are Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is located at 5850 W. Glendale Ave., Glendale, AZ 85301
To ensure that water bill payments are posted to customers’ accounts on the same day, payments must be deposited in the drop box by 7 a.m. Monday thru Friday. Payments made after 7 a.m. or on weekends or holidays may be posted on the next business day. Payments must be made with a check or money order. DO NOT deposit cash.
You can now pay your City of Glendale Utility bill during business hours at participating Circle K stores. It is easy to use, the kiosks accept cash only. There is a $2 convenience fee per bill paid.
Customer Service Center: Handles licenses for businesses, administers the sales tax code and serves as a one-stop center for utility and sanitation service connections and disconnections.
Phone: (623) 930-3190, 7:00am - 5:30pm, Monday-Friday
Hours: Municipal Billing, Tax & Licensing, 7:30am - 5:00pm, Monday-Friday
Direct Payment: If you love direct deposit, you’ll love direct payment!
Do you remember a time when you actually had to deliver your paycheck to your bank to get it deposited? Then along came Direct Deposit, and your employer began depositing those checks for you. What a great convenience! Think, about it. Wouldn’t it be great if you could tap into that same convenience when you have to write checks to pay your bills? Well, now you can! With our Direct Payment program, you can sign up most of your bills to be paid automatically from your financial institution.
Direct payment—also known as Automatic Payment, Surepay and Direct Debit—is the least expensive and most convenient way to pay your bill. Direct Payment keeps you in control of your payments. For your records, a bill will be mailed to you, which details the city services provided during the month, the amount due and the anticipated date of the transfer of funds from your bank to the city. The best thing about Direct Payment is that it simplifies your life. You will save time because you don’t have to write checks and stuff them in envelopes. You will save money because you won’t have to drive to the Post Office and buy stamps. Direct payment is also more secure and more accurate than paying your bills by check. Did you know that every time you write a check, up to 10 people process it at some point? Direct Payment is done for you by computers with much less error than in the paper check process!
Sewer Rates (pdf) | Water Rates (pdf)
Each year in May, your sewer charge is adjusted based on your actual water usage billed for the winter months of January, February and March. Although each customer has a water meter to determine water consumption, there is no meter to measure how many gallons each customer sends into the sewer system.
It is estimated that 90 percent of the water being used in a single family house during these winter months is being used inside and goes down the drain into the sewer system. The remaining 10 percent is used for watering landscaping. In units other than single-family homes, it’s estimated that 95 percent of the water used goes down the drain.
Your current year monthly sewer bill amount may vary from the prior year amount due to differences in your winter water usage and any rate increase that may have been approved by City Council.
An appeal can be made on the basis that a higher than normal amount of water was used outdoors from January to March or that there was a leak. Appeals are accepted for a period of 60 days after the May billing
New residents or customers who did not have a full three months winter water usage have been assigned usage based on the average of all customers with a similar type of property.
If you wish to appeal or have other questions, please call the Customer Service Office at