Office of Economic Development - Business Assistance
Glendale Business Assistance Program
Glendale’s Office of Economic Development provides a wide range of services to existing, new and expanding businesses. Whether a Fortune 500 company or a small business, we want you to be successful in Glendale.
- Site Selection and Development Review – We can assist in finding the right location in Glendale and will serve as your liaison through the city development review processes. We customize our information packets to meet your specific needs.
State of Arizona Assistance Programs
- Arizona Job Training Program – Designed to offset costs associated with hiring, training and upgrading skills, reimbursing up to 75% of eligible expenses for new jobs.
- Foreign Trade Zone – Businesses located in a zone, or sub-zone, are eligible for an approximately 70 percent reduction in state real and personal property taxes.
- Quality Jobs Tax Credit – A $9,000 income or premium tax credit per net new job, given over three years.
- Qualified Facility Tax Credit – A refundable income tax credit for qualified manufacturing operations, including their research and development and headquarters facilities.
- Renewable Energy Tax Incentive Program – A refundable income tax credit for qualified renewable energy manufacturing and headquarters operation.
- Additional Depreciation – Provides an aggressive depreciation schedule to encourage new capital investment and reduce personal property tax liability.
- Lease Excise Tax Program – All real property tax is waived and replaced with an excise tax that is an established rate per square foot based upon type of use.
- Pollution Control Tax Credit – Up to 10 percent income tax credit on real and personal property used to control or prevent pollution.
- Private Activity Bonds – Issued through the Glendale Industrial Development Authority, proceeds can be used for the construction of industrial and manufacturing facilities and the purchase of equipment. Contact our Department to determine eligibility.
- Research and Development Tax Credit – Receive a tax credit for qualified research and development conducted in the state.
- Transaction Privilege and Use Tax Exemption – Exempts purchase of machinery and equipment used directly in manufacturing and R&D operations from sales tax.
For more information on State Incentives and Assistance Programs, visit the
Arizona Commerce Authority web site. CLICK HERE to go there now.