“Wayne Drop” - Water Conservation Mascot Volunteer
Environmental Resources Department, Water Conservation Division
“Wayne Drop,” the Water Conservation Office’s official mascot, assists the Glendale Water Conservation Office by attending festivals, schools, and special events and spreading the “Water Use it Wisely” message throughout the community. For those that are interested in volunteering at family-centered events, become a Water Conservation Mascot volunteer!
- Wear the “Wayne Drop” mascot costume OR serve as “Wayne Drop’s” handler
- Greet attendees at festivals, schools, and special events
- 2-6 hours per month
- Recommended at least 25 hours per year
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to wear a mascot costume
- Some prior mascot experience is helpful, but not required
- Indoors or outdoors depending on the event type
- Mascot costume weighs approximately 5 to 8 pounds and can limit mobility and visibility
- Minimum age of 16 to volunteer
If you’re interested in becoming a “Wayne Drop” - Water Conservation Mascot volunteer, please call the Water Conservation Office at (623) 930-3550 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.