|Service Turn-On, Turn-Off & Name Change
HOME OWNERS - STARTING WATER SERVICE
The Water Services Department provides water, sewer and sanitation services to the residents and businesses of the City of Glendale and surrounding areas. Whether you need to establish new service or to terminate existing service, you will need to contact Customer Relations to make the change. To start a new service, you must call or apply in person with Customer Relations.
Residential and Commercial Accounts/Owners- Requirements
- 1. Escrow/Title company information/Date of closing (i.e. Escrow #, Title Company name and phone number, etc.)
- 2. Homeowner names as recorded on Deed/Billing Address/Primary contact phone number.
- 3. Social security number of all persons on Deed
- 4. Valid driver’s license number or government issued identification
- 5. If the property owner wishes to grant access to another party not on the deed of trust, a completed and signed Authorization Form must be submitted for said property.
- 6. Pre-paid deposit in the amount established by resolution
**If a property owner cannot establish proof of ownership due to a recent property purchase, a notarized Purchase of Affidavit Form will be required along with any other purchase documents.
Residential and Commercial Accounts/ Tenant- Requirements
Tenants are required to pay a deposit in an amount established by resolution before services will be started. A valid lease agreement or Tenant Utility Set up Form is also required for the property that contains the following:
- 1. Landlord’s name and contact information
- 2. Names of all tenants that are financially responsible for the utility account
- 3. Term of the lease
- 4. Property address
- 5. Signature of both the tenant(s) and the landlord
- 6. Valid driver’s license numbers or government issued identification for each tenant listed on the lease agreement
- 7. Social Security numbers for each Tenant listed on lease agreement
Realtors and Property Management Accounts
- 1. Realtors and property management companies are required to pay a deposit in an amount established by City Council before services will be started.
- 2. To establish utility services, realtors and property management companies must present a valid assignment of property or management agreement for each property. The requirements of the listing or management agreement will be consistent with the guidelines set in the “section of “residential and commercial accounts/ tenant-requirements.”
- 3. The party responsible for establishing the account (and therefore being deemed the “account holder”) is dependent on the agreement made between the property owner and property manager.
Lease Agreements and/or other documents can be faxed in advanced to 623-930-2186 or sent via email to: CUSTREL@GLENDALEAZ.COM. Customer Relations phone center hours are Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and can be reached at (623) 930-3190 OR Lobby hours are Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is located at 5850 W. Glendale Ave., Glendale, AZ 85301.