Glendale Police Recruitment - Police Officer Recruit
Salary while in the Academy (Police Officer Recruit)
Salary after graduating the Academy (Police Officer)
Click here for full salary range.
Shift differential and bilingual pay are also available.
Police officer recruits who receive an offer of employment will be sent to an Arizona certified law enforcement academy for a period of approximately 18 to 19 weeks to prepare for appointment as a police officer. After successful completion of the police academy, employees are sworn and a Field Training program commences. Formal on-the-job training is provided during this period.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Must meet AZPOST and Glendale Police Department minimum standards
- Must be in sound physical and mental health
- Hearing: Uncorrected hearing with no loss greater than 25 db in the 500, 1000, 2000, or 3000 hertz frequencies
- Vision: Must have at least 20/80 vision, correctable to 20/20 contact lenses or glasses; or 20/200 vision, correctable to 20/20 with soft contacts
- Must meet the hiring guidelines on drug usage
- Any involvement in felony related activity, identified in a thorough background investigation and polygraph examination is disqualifying
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of graduation from the Arizona law enforcement academy
- Applicants must have an Arizona Class D operator’s license at the time of appointment