Glendale Police Recruitment - Arizona Lateral
Starting Salary Range
The starting pay for police officer is $25.24 hourly / $52,492 annually.
Based on a candidate’s years of prior law enforcement service, a higher starting step may be available.
Click here for full salary range.
Shift differential and bilingual pay are also available.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Must be an AZPOST Certified Peace Officer in good standing with AZPOST
- Must be in sound physical and mental health
- Hearing: Uncorrected hearing with no loss greater than 25 db in the 500, 1000, 2000, or 3000 hertz frequencies
- Vision: Must have at least 20/80 vision, correctable to 20/20 contact lenses or glasses; or 20/200 vision, correctable to 20/20 with soft contacts
- Must meet the hiring guidelines on drug usage
- Any involvement in felony related activity, identified in a thorough background investigation and polygraph examination is disqualifying
- Applicants must have an Arizona Class D operator’s license at the time of appointment
**Preference is given to those who have a minimum of one year of law enforcement experience in a sworn capacity.**
Upon appointment, qualified applicants will be required to successfully pass the Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board qualification process. The waiver process consists of a series of written exams and a three part proficiency test which includes:
- Firearms qualification
- Tactical driving
- Peace Officer Physical Aptitude Test (POPAT), a timed, pass/fail test. The test contains four events as follows:
- 500 yard run
- Scaling a 6’ chain link fence and a 6 ‘ solid wood fence
- 99 yard obstacle course
- 165 lb. “dummy” drag
AZPOST Certified Officers will complete a Field Training Program of up to 14 weeks.