Media permits for photography and videography are required in the Sahuaro Ranch Park Historic Area for ALL staged photographs and video.
We are pleased that you want to choose the Sahuaro Ranch Park Historic Area as a photographic destination. In an effort to preserve the integrity of the facility, anyone choosing to use Sahuaro Ranch Park Historic Area for all staged photography or videography must do so by permit only. This includes, but is not limited to, weddings, ceremonies, receptions and filming or photography by any individual or group.
Permits are $100 and are good for one year. Visit www.glendaleaz.com/ParksandRecreation/Permits.cfm for details and to purchase permits.
To obtain a Sahuaro Ranch Park Media Permit for photography/videography:
Online: Click here
In Person: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., at the Glendale Parks and Recreation Office, 5850 W. Glendale Ave., Glendale AZ 85301
Monday-Friday, 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Saturday, 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Foothills Recreation & Aquatics Center, 5600 W. Union Hills Dr., Glendale AZ 85308
Permits must be carried with you at all times while on the Sahuaro Ranch Park grounds.
Sahuaro Ranch Park Media Permit Fee:
Permits are issued to individuals, not companies. The permit expires one year after the purchase date listed on the permit. Permits are non-refundable. Carry your permit with you at all times while on the Sahuaro Ranch Park grounds.
What type of photography would not require a permit?
- Non-portrait photography including animals, trees and other landscape features
- Candid or spontaneous photography of park activities such as picnicking, feeding the birds, or touring/sightseeing that does not otherwise fall into the permit criteria.
- Photographers associated with a facility rental do not need a permit during the hours of the reservation.
- Student photographers may be exempt if they show a student ID and a copy of their assignment.
2014 Photographer Block Out Dates:
- February 8-9, Antique Tractor and Engine Show
- March 22-23, Glendale Folk & Heritage Festival
- October 24-26, Wild Western Festival
Photographers, Please NOTE:
There are multiple areas of Sahuaro Ranch Park Historic Area that are reservable by private parties for weddings, birthday parties, family reunions, etc. Please respect the privacy of any organized function in these areas while on photo shoots at the park, as these are “pay for use” priority areas. If you would like information to reserve the Rose Garden, Fruit Packing Shed, Foreman’s House and Olive Grove, please contact Sahuaro Ranch Park rental staff at 623-930-4202 within 72 hours of your desired date/time ).
Sahuaro Ranch Park Media Permit for Photography/Videography Conditions:
There are a limited number of days during the year that Sahuaro Ranch Park Historic Area (SRPHA) grounds will be closed, when an entrance fee is charged to access the grounds during special events or when free public events will be held on SRPHA grounds.
Permit holders are encouraged to visit www.glendaleaz.com/srpha to obtain blackout dates or to call (623) 930-4200 in advance of their visit.
Please respect and do not enter areas restricted for rentals or for scheduled weddings.
- Please do not interfere with tours or public programs.
- Please do not knowingly damage SRPHA buildings, features or grounds.
- Please do not leave any traces of the photography activity by returning door mats and signs moved for photographs and by picking up any associated litter.
- Private vehicles are not permitted on SRPHA grounds outside of the defined public parking lots.
- Permits are good for nonexclusive use of SRPHA as a backdrop for photographs or films/videos. Photography and moving film/video sessions requiring large props, additional equipment or racks of clothing require renting specific locations within SRPHA, contact the SRPHA rental coordinator at (623) 930-4202.
- This policy will manage all staged photography or videographyl photography use at SRPHA to protect the historic integrity of the site and its cultural resources and to provide a mechanism to accommodate use by the public with other activities (special events, rentals, tours, or weddings). Establishment of this permit and fee is consistent with Section 27-1. B. of the Glendale Municipal Code.