Foothills Recreation & Aquatics Center
5600 West Union Hills Drive
Glendale Arizona 85308
· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
Lap Swim Schedule
This is a membership activity. Individuals must be at least 13 years of age to participate. All individuals must be capable of swimming 25 yards continuously to qualify for lap swimming. Lap swimming is not open to those under 13. The diving well is not available during lap swim. Day passes may be purchased to participate in lap swimming.
Adult Private Swimming Lessons
Adults (ages 15+) who want to improve their skills and feel safe around water can receive one-on-one instruction from a certified, experienced lifeguard. Each lesson is 30 minutes. The cost per lesson is $35 (non-resident $42) and preregistration is required. EXTREMELY LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE! For more information, call 623-930-2838.
Deep Water Aerobics
These water aerobics programs, for adults ages 15+, offer cardio, resistance and a serious
core workout all in the refreshing comfort of our beautiful lap pool. Prices vary based on class; call 623-930-4600 for
Click here to register. *The MEMBERS class is free and for Foothills members. All classes are 1 hour. Drop-in fee for classes are $8 ($10 for non-Glendale residents).
Click here to download a printable schedule of water aerobics classes in the summer. (updated 6/8/16)
Classes that have fewer than 8 participants enrolled may be cancelled due to low participation. Schedule is subject to change due to rentals, special events, staffing, etc. All changes will be communicated through the email list. Join our email list to be informed of new classes, changes, cancellations, and much more! mail email@example.com to be added! All classes are in deep water. Participants must be comfortable in deep water with or without the use of an aqua-belt.
*Class 1 is included for Foothills members, including day passes. There will be a "first-come, first-served" number system (you must check in at the front desk to get your number ticket before class).
Swim & Diving Team Information
The City of Glendale does not offer competitive team programs. But Swim Neptune has programs at the Foothills Recreation & Aquatics Center offering swim and diving team/leagues.
Swim Neptune / 602-358-8458 / Website
Strong Swimmer? Be a Lifeguard!
Lifeguarding is a leadership position where you will learn to handle emergencies in, on and around the water. Glendale conducts interviews to hire summer, certified lifeguards, 15 years or older, at our two aquatics centers.
Applying for a Lifeguard Job with Glendale
When Glendale has certified lifeguard positions available, the jobs will be posted here. If you do not see a part-time position posted, you can still register your application and then check back for the posting you are interested in. Click on the APPLY link whenever you see a job you want to be considered for. A resume may NOT take the place of an official application.
Summer Public Recreation Swim Information
June 4 through August 6, 2016
The 2016 Summer Aquatics Season has ended. Please call 623-930-2838 if you would like information about privately renting a pool.
Heroes Park Splash Pad
FREE! (subject to change)
83rd Ave & Berridge Ln. • 623-930-2838
(on 83rd Ave., just north of Bethany Home Rd.)
This is a summer, seasonal facility.
Summer hours: May 28 - August 14: open daily from 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
August 20 - September 5: open weekends only from 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Managers reserve the right to make additional rules if needed for the safety of customers.
- Every individual on the pool deck, whether watching or swimming, is counted as part of the Maricopa Country regulated "maximum capacity" and is the responsibility of the lifeguard staff. Therefore, every individual is required to purchase an aquatic admission to be on the pool deck.
- Pool rules for specialty areas such as the slides, lazy river and diving boards, are posted on the pool deck.
- Day use lockers are available for patrons. Individuals supply their own lock or, may purchase a lock at the Front Desk.
- All participants must be respectful of the locker room space provided. Locker rooms are used by Foothills Pass Holders as well as aquatic users.
- The City of Glendale is not responsible for any lost or stolen personal items brought to the Foothills Center.
- Absolutely no alcoholic beverages or smoking allowed anywhere on the pool deck or within in the facility.
- Coolers may NOT be brought into the aquatics area. No exceptions.
- Water socks are highly recommended for individuals using the Water Playground area.
- No glass containers of any kind allowed on the pool deck or in the pool area. This includes the locker rooms.
- The pool deck is a "Gum Free Zone."
- Chairs and bleachers provided No outside chairs allowed during Recreation swimming.
- No floaties, rafts, or other personally purchased items allowed in the aquatics area.
- Personal Floatation Devices (PFD’s) are provided for use at the Lazy River. Participants under 42” tall may still use the Lazy River by sitting on the lap of an individual 16 years of age or older.
- Riders must be at least 48” tall to use the water slides. Only one person allowed on a slide at a time. Lifeguard staff will give the OK when someone can begin down the slide.
- The diving boards have a maximum weight limit of 250-lbs. Diving is only allowed by using the provided diving boards.
- Please do not bring any sick individuals into the aquatics area. This compromises the health and safety of all patrons.
- No swimmers with open sores, wounds, or infections will be allowed in the water.
- No pets allowed in the facility or on the pool deck. (Official guide dogs are an exception to this rule.)
- Foothills provided deck chairs are available on a first come, first serve basis. Personal deck chairs may not be brought into the facility. All deck chairs must remain in the general pool deck areas and may not be taken into the fenced rental area.
- There are 2 Family Changing rooms available for use during all open aquatic hours. If you have a young child that you are not comfortable sending into a gender specific locker room alone, the Family Changing rooms allow you the added comfort to remain with your child.
- “Swim diapers” are required for any children who regularly wear a diaper. Swim diapers are available for sale at the Front Desk.
- Only swimming attire is permitted on pool decks. Swimsuits shall be suitable for public use. No jeans, cut-off shorts, leotards, biking tights or thongs. Management staff have final say of what is appropriate attire or not.
- The Foothills lifeguard staff directly controls emergency evacuation plans. Any individuals on the pool deck will follow directions given by the Foothills staff in the event of an emergency.
- Foothills lifeguard staff run safety drills throughout the summer recreation swim season. During drills patrons will follow the directions provided by aquatic staff.
- The Foothills Code of Conduct applies equally to the facility and the aquatics area. For a copy of the Code of Conduct you can stop at the Front Desk.