Go Green - Save Green and B.A.G. I.T.
(Bus and Gus Individual Training)
Learn how to travel on a Valley Metro Bus, the Light Rail or Gus the Bus. Classes are being offered and will include lessons and information on:
- how to read a transit book
- how to plan a trip
- finding the closest bus stop
- how to signal the stop you need
- purchasing the best value transit pass
- how to tender fares when getting on the bus
Next Class date:
- When: April 25, 2013
Where: Glendale Adult Center
5970 W. Brown Street
Time: 10 a.m.
- May 23
- June 27
- July 25
- August 22
- October 24
- November 21
- December 19
All classes will be in room 102 at 10 a.m.
No fees and no registration
necessary. Classes are at 10 am., and sessions are held at the Glendale Adult Center in room 102, 5970 W. Brown Street. For more information, call Barb Caviness at 623-930-2035 or Sandy Adams at 623-930-2032..
Learn to B.A.G. I.T. and relieve those fears, save money on gas and relax while traveling on the public transportation system.
Read below to see the perk you’ll get when you ride the public transportation system.
US AIRWAYS and LIGHT RAIL FORM A GREAT PARTNERSHIP
Rail Ride Events.
When you buy a ticket to a concert, event or basketball game at US Airways Center, your light rail ride is included at no additional cost. Event tickets are valid light rail fare for the day of the event only, for the period four hours prior to the event until the end of the transit day. US Airways event tickets are good for light rail only—they are not valid as bus fare.
So remember the following…….
- This program is applicable to any ticketed US Airways Center event.
- Your ticket, including print-at-home tickets, must be in your possession when traveling light rail.
- Events that do not use US Airways Center/Ticketmaster ticketing are not eligible.
- A will-call or emailed receipt of ticket purchase is not sufficient; actual tickets need to be present.
Two important things to know:
- You are required to keep your event ticket on your person when riding light rail.
- You must show your event ticket to a fare inspector upon request. Failure to show a valid event ticket can result in fines ranging from $50 to $500 dollars.
Still unsure about riding on the Light Rail? Remember BAG IT classes can take away the uncertainty. No traffic, no parking hassles, no reason not to have a great time!