While your case is proceeding through the court system, please observe the following standards:
- No weapons are permitted in the Glendale City Courthouse.
- Sit quietly in the courtroom whenever court is in session. The proceedings are being taped and background noise may interfere with the quality of the taped record.
- Reading newspapers in the courtroom, particularly if this causes a distraction, generally is not allowed.
- When addressing the Hearing Officer or Judge, stand a few feet back from the bench. Do not lean on the bench.
- No food, drink or gum chewing is allowed in the courtroom.
- Smoking is prohibited by law in all areas of government buildings. When you are free to leave the courtroom, you will find smoking areas available outside the court building.
- Avoid bringing small children to court. If you must, please monitor their behavior so that they remain quiet at all times. Parents may be asked to leave the courtroom if their child becomes noisy or unruly.
- Please wear suitable clothing to court. It is inappropriate to enter the court unless you are wearing a shirt and shoes. T-shirts that carry offensive slogans or pictures are not allowed. Hats should be removed before entering a courtroom.
- Under some circumstances, a defendant may be booked into jail immediately after a court appearance. In such cases, provision should be made in advance for care of children.
- All cell phones, pagers and personal alarms should be turned off prior to entrance into the courtroom.