Coast2Coast Rx -
Glendale’s Prescription Drug Discount Program
The Coast2Coast Rx card allows all Glendale residents, regardless of income, age or health status, to participate in the program and save on the cost of their medications. This program saved cardholders throughout the nation more than 55 percent in 2011 on the cost of prescription drugs. Other people living outside the city of Glendale are able to take part in the program. In addition, pets can receive medication discounts through this program. The Rx card is distributed free of charge and can be used at all pharmacy chains and most independent pharmacies in the city of Glendale. It includes more than 60,000 drugs in its formulary.
Highlights of the Coast2Coast Rx card:
- The card gives savings of up to 75 percent on brand name and generic drugs.
- The card is free – there are no fees to get one. It covers an entire family. There is no enrollment form, no membership fee and no restrictions or limits on usage. Cardholders and their family members may use the card any time their prescriptions are not covered by insurance or other means.
- You can pick it up at almost every Glendale pharmacy and at libraries, community centers and other city governmental offices. The card can also be printed by clicking here.
- The card even works for most pet prescriptions.
- The card doesn’t expire and can be used as often as needed.
- There are no health, age or income restrictions; everyone qualifies.
- Information is confidential and is not used for any other purpose.
Besides the discount on prescriptions, the card also provides dental, vision, diabetes and hearing discounts up to 50 percent for the entire family and 50 to 80 percent discounts for lab and imaging tests, helping residents save on costs for these services, too.
Residents who do have health insurance may also use the card if their prescription isn’t covered by their health plan or if they have a high deductible plan. Often times a co-pay of $20 or $30 under a health insurance plan may be higher than the price of the prescription using the Coast2Coast Rx card – so residents are advised to check pricing with their insurance versus the discount card. Since most pet prescriptions are covered under the program, insureds and uninsured can use the program.
The card can be used anywhere in the nation as all chain pharmacies and most independent pharmacies belong to the network. Cardholders don’t have to be residents of Glendale to use the card.