Planning an addition to your home or have another project in mind? Let us help make your building safety inspection process easy with these educational videos aimed to show you exactly what you can expect when we're inspecting!
The below videos follow the home addition process.
Video 1: How, Why and When to Get Permits
• How, when and why is it important to get permits?
• Everybody’s second question: how much do permits cost?
Video 2: Site Preparation, Blue Stake Utilities
• Things to consider before you start construction.
• Why you need to call Blue Stake at “811” to find and mark your utilities before you dig.
Video 3: Foundation/Footing
• Checking your property set-backs and size before pouring concrete.
• What does the inspector look at when inspecting rebar or other types of concrete reinforcement?
Video 4: Framing/ Roof Deck Nailing/ Strap and Shear
• This inspection concentrates on the wood framing and metal connectors that hold the building together.
• We also check the plywood roof deck and the plywood on exterior walls that keep the building from swaying in strong winds.
Video 5: Pre Drywall/ Rough Plumbing/ Rough Electric/ Rough Mechanical
• We verify all plumbing and electrical is in place, secure and no nails have accidentally penetrated new wiring.
• This stage can prevent costly repairs and rework later for plumbing or receptacles that were not installed prior to drywall.
Video 6: Drywall, Stucco Lath
• The drywall inspection verifies that the correct thickness and type of drywall is used and that it is nailed or screwed securely.
• Stucco lath inspections make sure that the waterproof barrier, foam and lath or chicken wire are in place and secure.
Video 7: Final Inspection
• The building should be complete, roof in place, stucco or siding installed and painted. Also, all electrical and plumbing fixtures are installed.
• Remember pool safety, make sure your pool fence is up and functioning throughout the project; you will not get a final “green tag” with out it.