Legal Aid - by Mead and Associates
Third Thursday of each month by appointment only.
Call 623-930-4321 to schedule an appointment.
Does NOT cover tax or Social Security questions.
Benefits Assistance - by Area Agency on Aging
Wednesdays, 10 a.m.–12 p.m., by appointment only.
Call the Glendale Adult Center at 623-930-4321 for your appointment or call the Area Agency on Aging’s Senior Help Line at 602-264-4357 for a complete list of Valley locations.
Medicare Counseling: The Area Agency on Aging has trained volunteers to help Medicare recipients understand their health insurance. The volunteers are able to explain Medicare eligibility, what is covered, and assist with selecting Drug and Health Plans.
Health & Wellness
Quiz Biz - by Vivabien Insurance/Sandra Gomez
First Wednesday of each month, 9:30–11 a.m. • Glendale Adult Center Lobby
Blood Pressure Checks - by Midwestern University College of Pharmacy
Second Friday of each month, 10 a.m.–12 p.m. • Room 105
Free Tax Return Help
AARP Tax-Aide Program
February 1 - April 18, 2017
Mondays, 2-6 p.m.; Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 8 a.m.-6 p.m.; Thursdays, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
First-come, first-served, no appointments.
AARP Tax-Aide volunteers will provide free, first-come, first-served basic assistance with filing federal and state taxes online. This service is open to anyone but is aimed at moderate-income and low-income people ages 60 and older. All volunteer preparers are IRS-trained and certified. Please note that volunteers cannot assist with business or complicated individual returns.
Taxpayers are required to bring:
- proof of identification (photo ID) for you and spouse;
- Social Security cards for you, spouse and all dependents;
- birthdates for anyone listed on the tax return;
- interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099-INT & DIV);
- brokerage statements;
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate;
- blank check for proof of bank account routing and account number for direct deposit;
- total paid for daycare providers and the TAX ID # or Employee Identification Number for daycare providers;
- Forms 1095-A, B or C (Affordable Health Care Statements);
- if applicable, itemized deduction information for medical expenses, mortgage interest statements, receipts for charitable contributions and any other itemized deduction documents; and
- your 2015 Tax Return and other tax documents used to prepare your return.
- Christ Community Church, 4530 W. Thunderbird Rd.
Tuesdays, 4-8 p.m. & Saturdays, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Vista Alegre, 6515 W. Maryland Ave. - Spanish speakers available!
Fridays & Saturdays, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
For more forms and information, call 1-888-227-7669 or visit aarp.org/taxaide