Transportation - Transit - Glendale Dial-A-Ride
Dial-A-Ride is a convenient transit service offered seven days a week to the general public. Same day and reservation service is offered Monday-Friday, while weekend and holiday service is by reservation only. Requests for service on weekends and holidays must be made by noon the previous (working) day.
Click for info on:
Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Weekends & Holidays: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Dial-A-Ride service ride line operates Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
To schedule a ride, please call (623) 930-3500. Your call may be placed on hold until an operator is available to assist you. When the operator answers, you will need to provide the following information:
- Name of passenger
- Address of your pickup location
- Address of destination
- Number of passengers
- When you will be ready for pickup
- Your appointment time, if you have one
- If you need special accommodations, such as a wheelchair lift.
After providing the needed information, you may again be placed on hold while your call is routed by a dispatcher who will then tell you what time a bus will arrive to pick you up within a 30 minute window.
For more information, call the Dial-A-Ride Information Line at (623) 930-3502. Call (623) 930-3501 for any other questions, comments, or problems.
Fares: Passengers must pay the exact fare when boarding a Dial-A-Ride bus. Drivers do not carry change. Fare prices are for one way rides only.
- Regular (riders 14-64) - $2
- Seniors (65 years and older) - $1*
- Riders with Disabilities - $1*
- Junior (ages 6-13) - $1
- Children (ages 5 and younger) - FREE
*Riders must show discount fare card. For more information on obtaining a discount fare card, see below.
Groups of 4 or more paying passengers:
- Regular - $1
- Senior, Disabled, Junior - 50 cents
Discount Fare Cards: Discount fare cards entitling seniors and disabled passengers to discounted fares are issued by the city on the second Thursday of each month from 9 – 11 a.m. and 1 – 3 p.m. at the Dial-A-Ride office, located at:
6210 W. Myrtle Ave. Building S
Glendale, AZ 85301
You must bring photo identification and (when applicable) a note from a physician.
Discounts are also available for riders with Medicare and Velley Metro Regional Transit Reduced Fare ID Cards.
Dial a Ride Scheduling Information:
- Dial-A-Ride passengers can call up to two hours prior to the time they want to be picked up. This will allow time to be picked up and dropped off at the destination on time.
- Reservations can be made up to one week in advanced for medical and social service appointments, school, work or fixed-route and other Dial-A-Ride bus transfers.
- Same day return trips can be scheduled once the passenger has arrived at their destination.
- Because weekend and holiday service is advanced reservation only, both the going and return trips need to be scheduled in advance.
- Since passengers are sharing a ride with others, the bus usually will make several stops before taking you to your destination. Because of this, Dial-A-Ride cannot guarantee pickup or drop-off times and cannot provide immediate service. Persons requiring a guaranteed time or immediate service should seek alternative transportation, such as the taxi-subsidy program (click here to visit that program's info page now).
- The first week of the month is always the busiest time for Dial-A-Ride service. To avoid long waits, try using the service at other times during the month.
- When the bus arrives at a passenger’s pickup location, the bus driver will honk the horn to signal its arrival. The driver will only wait two minutes, so please be ready when the bus arrives. Drivers cannot leave their bus to look for a passenger.
Special Assistance for Passengers:
- All Dial-A-Ride buses are wheelchair lift equipped. Please notify the phone operator if you will need to use the wheelchair lift.
- When possible, reasonable requests for assistances with packages will be accommodated. Packages must weigh less than 50 pounds.
- Small carts are allowed on buses if passengers are traveling with several packages. Packages must be contained in the cart in a safe manner so those items will not fall out while the bus is in operation.
- Buses are equipped with bike racks for the convenience of passengers. Please inform Dial-A-Ride phone operators if you will need to use the bike rack when calling to schedule a pickup.
- No weapons, food, drinks or smoking are permitted on the bus. Water bottles with caps are permitted.
- Riders must be at least 10 years old to ride on the bus alone.
- Buses cannot leave Glendale city limits – with the exception of travel to and from ASU west.
- Drivers have the right to prohibit packages or other items that weigh more than 50 pounds or parcels they believe are too large or bulky. Hazardous items such as gasoline cans (full or empty), car batteries, and the like are not permitted on the buses.
- Animals – except for service animals such as seeing-eye dogs – must be contained in a carrier or box that is secured and closed on all sides. Animal carriers/boxes must not block bus aisles or wheelchair securement areas.
- All laundry must be contained for sanitary reasons.