Media permits for photography and videography are required in the Historic Sahuaro Ranch for ALL staged photographs and video production.
We are pleased that you want to choose Historic Sahuaro Ranch as a photographic destination.
In an effort to preserve the historic integrity and cultural resources of the Ranch, anyone wishing to use this location for the purpose of photography or videography (exceptions noted below) may only do so by acquiring a special-use Photography Permit. This includes, but is not limited to, weddings, ceremonies, receptions, photo shoots and filming by any individual or group.
Historic Sahuaro Ranch One Year Commercial Media Permit Fee
A Commercial Permit is $100.00 per photographer and is valid for one year from the date of issuance. Permits are issued to individuals, not companies. Permit fees are non-refundable and can be obtained:
- In Person: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., at the Glendale Parks and Recreation Office, located in the Glendale Adult Center, 5970 W. Brown St., Glendale AZ 85302;
Monday-Friday, 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Saturday, 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Foothills Recreation & Aquatics Center, 5600 W. Union Hills Dr., Glendale AZ 85308.
- Online: Click here.
Permits must be carried with you at all times while on the Historic Sahuaro Ranch grounds.
Photography and moving film/video sessions requiring additional equipment such as large props or racks of clothing require the rental of specific locations and a certificate of liability insurance. Please contact the Historic Sahuaro Ranch Rental Coordinator for location availability at 623-930-4202.
Photographer “Black Out” Dates
- February 11-12, 2017: Antique Tractor and Engine Show
- March 18-19, 2017: Glendale Folk & Heritage Festival
What type of photography would not require a permit?
- Photographers associated with a facility rental do not need a permit during the hours of the reservation, as a One Day Permit is included with all rental contracts.
- Non-portrait photography including animals, trees and other landscape features.
- Candid or spontaneous photography of park activities such as picnicking, feeding the birds, or touring/sightseeing that does not otherwise fall into the permit criteria.
Historic Sahuaro Ranch Media Permit for Photography/Videography Conditions
There are a limited number of days during the year that Historic Sahuaro Ranch grounds will be closed, when an entrance fee is charged to access the grounds during special events or when free public events will be held on Historic Sahuaro Ranch grounds. Please click here to view Park Happenings and Events or call 623-930-4200 to verify venue availability.
- Do not enter areas restricted for other rentals or for scheduled weddings and events. Please be respectful of any “pay for use” event or organized function.
- Do not interfere with tours or public programs.
- Do not knowingly damage Historic Sahuaro Ranch buildings, features or grounds.
- Do not leave any traces of the photography activity by returning door mats and signs temporarily moved for photographic purposes and by picking up any associated litter.
Private vehicles are not permitted on Historic Sahuaro Ranch grounds outside of the defined public parking lots without a permit and certificate of liability. please contact the Historic Sahuaro Ranch Rental Coordinator for more information at 623-930-4202.
This policy will manage all photography or videography use at Historic Sahuaro Ranch to protect the historic integrity of the site and its cultural resources and to provide a mechanism to accommodate use by the public with other activities (special events, rentals, tours, or weddings). Establishment of this permit and fee is consistent with Section 27-1. B. of the Glendale Municipal Code.