- If you are using a laptop/home computer, make sure it has Windows 7 or higher installed to ensure the best experience with Adobe Digital Editions and OverDrive Media Console software.
- If you are using a tablet, make sure that it is one of the tablets that receive top recommendations from Consumer Reports or CNET to ensure the best experience with the OverDrive Media Console app: http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/
- Make sure you have the Chrome Browser installed.
- Make sure your library account is not blocked by fines or other account issues.
- Make sure that you have set up and remember the usernames and passwords for all necessary accounts. Some accounts require a credit card number, although library eBooks and their apps are free:
- Adobe Digital Editons – Adobe account
- OverDrive Media Console app – Adobe account
- Kinde Fire tablets – Amazon account
- Nook tablets – Barnes and Noble account
- Apple iPad/iPhone – iTunes account
- Android tablet – Google account
The library cannot provide software or hardware-related support for computers, laptops, tablets, smart phones, or eBook readers.