Where is the CATalog hiding? It isn't really hiding, it's just living somewhere new. Eventually, you will be able to access it as www.glendalelibrary.org, just like you always have, but if that doesn't work for you right now, CLICK HERE.
What will be new and different?
In addition to the cataloging looking different, there will be some new features.
- Choose to keep a history/reading list of everything you check out
- Choose to give your minor child the ability to check out restricted materials (R-rated DVD's)
- Choose to receive notices by text (text rates from your carrier may apply)
- Choose to be notified when new items are added from the authors you follow
You will notice changes almost daily over the next two months as we customize and fine tune things to give you the best experience we can! We'll keep you informed of where new things are and how to use them as we go, so check out the Your Library Catalog section whenever you can.
What can you do to help?
This is a big project and a big change for you and your library staff. Here's how you can help.
- Be patient. The first couple of weeks that staff are working with the new system it may take longer for us to perform our normal tasks. Remember, everything is new and we won't be experienced just yet.
- Let us know if there are problems with your record. We are working VERY hard to minimize these, but anytime you move data, there's always a chance something gets missed.
- Play. Get used to the new catalog and all of its new features by taking time to experiment with it.
How can the library afford a new system?
The new system and all of the migration costs were paid by the Maricopa County Library District.