The City of Glendale’s Human Resources Department Presents:
“Joining the Glendale Team!”
Attend this informative one-hour workshop to learn about our city and the application process.
- Learn about Glendale and various career opportunities
- Where to get the most up-to-date information on open positions and how to apply
- How to fill out the application to present your best self to hiring supervisors
No workshops are currently scheduled. Please check back for our next event.
Obtaining Job Applications
Applications will be accepted only during the posted recruitment period. A separate application is needed for each position for which you apply. Applications are available as follows:
- By download. Download the employment application for the job posting in Microsoft Word format. You can save and e-mail your completed application.
- In person. Pick up an application at the Glendale Human Resources Department, 5850 West Glendale Avenue from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday (except city holidays.)
- By U.S. Mail. To request an application by mail, call 623-930-2270 or e-mail us. E-mail requests for applications must include the job title, as it appears in current job listings, and your mailing address.
Returning Completed Applications
Unless otherwise instructed, completed and signed applications must be returned by 5 p.m. on the closing date listed on the job announcement. Completed applications can be returned by one of four ways:
- In person. Applications can be returned to the Human Resources Department, 5850 West Glendale Avenue, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday (except city holidays.)
- By U.S. Mail.
Applications can be mailed back to: City of Glendale, Human Resources Department, 5850 West Glendale Avenue, Glendale, Arizona 85301-2599. If mailed, applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 5 p.m. on the closing date listed on the job announcement. Applications received late will not be accepted regardless of the postmark date.
- By Fax. Applications can be faxed to the Human Resources Department at 623-435-5347. The fax must be signed and received by 5 p.m., Arizona time, on the closing date.
- By E-mail. E-mail your application and supplements to email@example.com.
Instructions for e-mailing your application:
- E-mail, including the application form and any supplemental material, must be received by 5 p.m., Arizona time, on the closing date.
- Include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail.
- Use your name (last_first) as the title of the application form you are attaching.
You will be required to meet City of Glendale standards on experience, training, knowledge, skills, physical fitness and other job-related requirements of the position. ONLY the most highly qualified applicants will be considered for the position. (Usually those possessing directly related experience.) Applicants will be evaluated by one or more selection methods deemed appropriate for the position being filled. This may include a training and experience evaluation, written and performance tests, interviews, polygraphs and background checks, and other methods considered job related by the City.
Applicants are considered solely on the basis of their qualifications as required for the position they seek, and no discrimination is exercised because of their race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, physical/mental handicap, veteran status, or political affiliation. A six-month probationary period must be served. The probationary period is an essential part of the examination process and must be successfully completed to achieve regular status.