The City of Glendale is committed to continuous learning and employee development to build and enhance the organizational resources through the increased knowledge and skills of the City of Glendale employees.
The City of Glendale (COG), to the extent possible, will:
- Encourage employees to increase their knowledge & skills
- Provide information about learning opportunities to all COG employees
- Provide learning opportunities that will result in added organizational value
- Provide resources for required skills development
- It is the responsibility of the City of Glendale employees to demonstrate the desire and take initiative for their career development.
Employees’ responsibilities include:
- Remain current in their job skills
- Seek opportunities for learning which will add value to the organization
- Apply the new knowledge/skills and share the knowledge with other employees
- Communicate educational & development information with supervisory/management staff
- Discuss future development goals with supervisor/manager
- Assume responsibility for their personal career development
a) define their career goals
b) research required education and skills development
c) initiate consultations with HR/Employee Development
Education (tuition) assistance is one of the resources that the organization has made available to employees who meet the criteria listed in Human Resources Policy & Procedures 401, revised for 2005.