Human Resources - Application Process
Thank you for your application for employment with the City of Glendale!
An important component in the City of Glendale’s recruitment process is to keep all applicants informed regarding the status of their application. For most positions, the recruitment process will take approximately 4-8 weeks. You can expect to receive notification from us regarding your status at least twice during that timeframe.
Status and Eligibility Notification:
- You will receive written notification that your application has been received
- Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be placed on an Eligibility List
- You will also receive written notification of your eligibility status after the recruitment closes
- Eligibility lists usually expire six months from the date the position closes
- The Human Resources Department reserves the right to extend the life of an Eligibility List or expire the list early
Interview Selection and Notification:
Applications are screened in relation to the position criteria stated in the job announcement. The hiring department will contact only the applicants (from the eligibility list) they select to interview. Their selection is based on applicants with the most relevant experience.
If you are contacted for an interview, the next steps in the selection process may vary depending upon the position. For example,
- you may be required to pass a written exam
- a performance test may be required for a position requiring certain skills, such as typing or operation of heavy equipment
- you may be required to participate in an oral board examination
After the interview process, all candidates who were interviewed will be notified of their status by phone or in writing.
Change of Address or Phone Number
Notify Human Resources immediately if you have a change in address or phone number. We will make the necessary changes to your records. If we are unable to contact you because you have moved or changed your phone number, your name may be withdrawn from further consideration.
623-930-2270 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can check the status of jobs for which you have applied throughout the recruitment process by visiting www.glendaleaz.com/jobs or by clicking here.