|Education - Fire and Safety
Water Safety | Home Escape Plans | Kitchen Safety | Smoke Detector Tips
Youth Firesetter Intervention | CCC-CPR Classes | Safety Educators | Home
Glendale Fire Department is conducting free classes for the new CCC-CPR compression method, this method is called "Continuous Chest Compression CPR", which does not require mouth-to-mouth contact.
CCC - CPR classes are free to all. For additional information or to schedule a class for your organization please contact Dr. Janet A. Boberg at 623-930-4483 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. The CCC-CPR course does not provide a certification.
Why Should I Learn CCC-CPR?
- CPR doubles a person’s chance of survival from cardiac arrest.
- 650,000 people die annually from heart attacks in the U.S.
- 350,000 people die before reaching the hospital
- 4 to 6 minutes without oxygen results in brain damage or brain death
- If CPR is started within 4 minutes of collapse and defibrillation provided within 10 minutes, a person has a 40% chance of survival.
- 90% of the time, CCC-CPR will be performed on a family member or a close friend.
Be a Lifesaver
It’s safe. It’s easy. It’s legal. It requires no mouth-to-mouth contact. If you witness a sudden unexpected collapse in an adult, follow these simple steps (PDF).
Visit www.azshare.gov for state information providing video.
If certification is required by your employer, see below
Glendale Fire Department is not conducting traditional CPR certification classes.
Arizona Red Cross and American Heart Association offer CPR certification if needed. The Red Cross phone number for CPR classes is: 602-336-6490 website: www.arizonaredcross.org. The American Heart Association www.americanheart.org Hot Line number for CPR is: 877-242-4277
Schedule a Class