Economic Development - Business Assistance
Glendale Business Assistance Program
Glendale’s Economic Development Department provides a wide range of services to existing, new and expanding businesses. Whether a Fortune 500 company or a small business, we want you to be successful in Glendale.
- Site Selection and Development Review – We can assist in finding the right location in Glendale and will serve as your liaison through the city development review processes. We customize our information packets to meet your specific needs.
- Visual Improvement Program (VIP) – A City of Glendale program designed to partially reimburse property owners for making exterior improvements to their retail, commercial, or industrial property. Click here for more details. Based on a new state court ruling, general fund monies can no longer be used to fund this grant program. However, program funding is currently available through federal Community Development Block Grants but is limited to only businesses/properties located within the city’s designated Redevelopment Area (43rd to 67th Avenues, from Maryland to Orangewood).
State of Arizona Assistance Programs
- Arizona Job Training Program – Designed to offset costs associated with hiring, training and upgrading skills.
- Enterprise Zone Program – This program offers income and property tax benefits for qualifying businesses that create net new jobs within an area designated as an Enterprise Zone. Portions of Glendale are located in the Western Maricopa Enterprise Zone.
Click here for more information on the Enterprise Zone program. For information on the Western Maricopa Enterprise Zone specifically, please click here.
- Foreign Trade Zone – Businesses located in a zone, or sub-zone, are eligible for an 80 percent reduction in state real and personal property taxes.
- Accelerated Depreciation – Provides an aggressive depreciation schedule to encourage new capital investment and reduce personal property tax liability.
- Lease Excise Tax Program – All real property tax is waived and replaced with an excise tax that is an established rate per square foot based upon type of use.
- Pollution Control Tax Credit – Up to 10 percent income tax credit on real and personal property used to control or prevent pollution.
- Private Activity Bonds – Issued through the Glendale Industrial Development Authority, proceeds can be used for the construction of industrial and manufacturing facilities and the purchase of equipment. Contact our Department to determine eligibility.
- Research and Development Tax Credit – Receive a tax credit for qualified research and development conducted in the state.
- Transaction Privilege and Use Tax Exemption – Exempts purchase of machinery and equipment used directly in manufacturing and R&D operations from sales tax.
For more information on State Incentives and Assistance Programs, visit the Arizona Department of Commerce web site. CLICK HERE to go there now.