First Month’s Rent/Deposit
There must be verification that the household has experienced one of the following crisis situations: a separation of the family due to domestic violence; loss of income; unforeseen circumstances that increased expenditures making it difficult to meet monthly expenses; a condition which endangers the health or safety of the household.
- Photo Identification of the applicant
- Social Security Cards for all household members
- Documentation of U.S. Citizenship or lawful residency of the applicant
- Household must be at or below 30% of the median
- Documentation of Household Income received in the 30 days prior and including appointment date
- There must be verification that the household has experienced one of the following crisis situations: (1) Loss of income; (2) Unforeseen circumstances; (3) Health or Safety.
- Eviction notice that caused homelessness
Note: Rent must meet HUD Rent Reasonableness Standard/Current Fair Market Rent Limits and Minimum Habitability Standards
Please call our office at 623-930-2854 for availability of this program and appointment process. Request for services for the first month’s move-in costs program is available Monday – Thursday at 9:00 a.m. on a first come, first served basis. Social Security numbers and dates of birth for all household members are required. ESG program guidelines will be provided.
CAP programs and services offered are subject to availability of funding.